Copyright, Subscriptions & Licenses
- This site is copyright 2022 Alca Intelligence Inc. All rights reserved. Alca either owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, or has acquired the necessary licenses, in the information on the site, including all text, HTML code, multimedia clips, images, graphics, icons, other code, and the selection and arrangement of the contents of the site (together, the “Information”).
- Certain portions of the site can only be accessed by subscribing to a plan that enables access to that part of the site for a certain period of time. During the time that a User has an active paid subscription, the User is a “Subscriber” to that part of the site. As a Subscriber, Alca grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Information provided by your subscription for your own personal or internal business use during the time that your subscription is valid. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Information in any manner. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Information. By subscribing, you agree that the Information that you access may only be used by you for your own personal or internal business use, that you shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from such use, and that the Information may not be sold, reproduced or redistributed in any manner without the express written consent of Alca. Any other uses of the Information are strictly prohibited.
- Alca will take appropriate legal action to enforce its rights.
- Notwithstanding the rights granted in the preceding section, the following uses of Alca's website are prohibited unless Alca has provided prior written consent:
- Incorporating published documents into another website but masking their origin or source through framing, re-use of search processes, or any other means so as to create confusion and misrepresent the fact that the documents come from the Alca website;
- External indexing of published documents by Web robots when such use is not authorized by the instructions in the robots exclusion file on this site or in a META tag in the HTML code of a published document;
- Bulk downloading of documents, including via programmatic means or, for greater certainty, the hiring of human resources used to bulk download documents.
- Alca reserves the right to block, at its discretion and without prior notice, any User, including a Subscriber, from accessing its website if the User or Subscriber misuses the website or uses it for illegal purposes.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability
- Alca puts considerable effort into maintaining its website and constantly improving the quality of the information and documents it publishes. However, Alca and the Alca website's partners, including the entities and authors who provided materials for inclusion on the site, provide no warranty and make no claims as to the reliability, accuracy or integrity of the website's content or functioning.
- The documents published on the Alca website have been collected and prepared for Users' convenience, and uniquely for the purpose of providing general legal information. They do not constitute legal advice. More precisely, nothing on the Alca website should be interpreted as being a legal opinion, a recommendation on how to act, or an answer that applies directly to a specific situation. Users or Subscribers should obtain legal advice if they require guidance for a specific situation.
- Despite the care taken in preparing and maintaining its website, Alca and its directors, employees, managers and other officers can in no way be held responsible for damages caused directly or indirectly by the use of the Alca website or by its non-availability.
- Use of the Alca website is governed by the federal and provincial legislation in force in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. Any disputes arising in regards to the Alca website shall be brought before the courts in the City of Vancouver in the Province of British Columbia.
- Alca avoids collecting and storing personal information and, if personal information on users is received, Alca treats it with utmost confidentiality. Alca complies with applicable Canadian legislation on privacy protection.
- Alca does not gather personal information on Users unless a User creates an account or subscribes.
- If a User creates an account or subscribes with Alca, certain personal information may be collected, some of it at the user’s discretion. Alca considers such information to be confidential. Personal information on Users that comes into Alca’s possession is destroyed or erased as soon as Alca no longer requires it for the purposes for which it was provided.
- Alca gathers information on the use of its services for the purpose of keeping statistics on visits and ensuring smooth operation of its website’s services. Alca does not attempt to identify Users, and information gathered is never used to establish User profiles. Moreover, information gathered is never disclosed to third parties, unless such disclosure is required by law or needed to prevent misuse or unauthorized use of services offered by Alca.
- When a user accesses a website, various pieces of information may circulate between the user’s computer and the website’s server. Alca may store the transactional information related to User computers. The information consists of:
- The IP address and corresponding domain name, if available;
- The operating system and web browser employed;
- The address of the referring site, if the user reached Alca from another site;
- The query on the search engine of the referring site, if applicable;
- The pages visited on Alca;
- The date, time and duration of the visit;
- The queries made on Alca’s search engine.
- Alca may gather this information in order to track the number of visitors, pages most often visited, technology used by Users, referring sites and users’ countries of origin. Analysis of this data enables Alca to improve its site, develop new services and prevent misuse of its resources.
- If Users complete a feedback form or email Alca, it is possible for them to provide their names, organization’s name and email address. The information is used and stored only as required to process the request and to establish general statistics.
- Users who subscribe to Alca’s various subscriptions including mailing lists must provide valid email addresses, and provide their names and billing information. Alca uses billing information only for the purpose of processing a subscription. Alca does not retain any billing information after the subscription is processed. The non-billing information is gathered uniquely for the purposes of managing and operating the subscriptions, and is destroyed when the subscriber terminates the subscription. Users always have access to their accounts and can correct information and terminate subscriptions themselves.
- All information gathered by Alca is kept in a secure computer environment to which access is restricted. Alca employees who gather, store and use personal information are required to ensure that their activities comply with the present policy. Alca makes a commitment to maintain a high degree of security.